Owing to the growing health and personalization needs of US consumers, the consumption of dairy beverages has declined in recent decades. In contrast, the popularity of milk substitutes has risen. Blue Diamond’s Almond Breeze and Silk’s Pure Almond have tapped into the specific needs of US consumers and distinguished themselves in the milk substitute market to achieve significant sales growth.
Features and benefits
- Grow sales of milk substitute products by learning how consumers’ health and personalization needs can be leveraged to enhance brand credibility.
- Gain a competitive edge in the milk substitutes market by uncovering the future direction of US consumer, product and market trends.
- Stimulate ideation and invigorate brands by learning from Blue Diamond and Silk’s recent market success in the milk substitute market.
Datamonitor’s research shows that the launch of Blue Diamond’s Almond Breeze and Silk’s Pure Almond, in 2009 and 2010 respectively, has served to fuel the recent growth of the milk substitutes segment, which grew by 13% in 2010.
The recent US success of almond milk stems from its ability to satisfy consumers growing health and personalization needs, as well as its success in forming a point of differentiation in the milk alternatives segment. A superior nutritional profile has provided almond milk with stand out appeal against other milk substitutes, such as soy milk.
Your key questions answered
- How have consumers’ health and personalization needs impacted on the US dairy beverage market over the past decades?
- How have Blue Diamond and Silk achieved a point of differentiation in the milk substitute market, and in doing so gained a competitive advantage?
- What are the future market opportunities for brands wanting to succeed in the milk substitute space?