Astellas Pharma (Astellas or 'the company') is engaged in the manufacture, marketing, import and export of pharmaceuticals and related products. The company operates in Japan, other Asian countries, the Americas, Europe and other regions of the world. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and employed 17,085 people as of March 31, 2012.
The company recorded revenues of JPY969,387 million ($12,311.2 million*) during the financial year ended March 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 1.6% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was JPY131,519 million ($1,670.3 million*) in FY2012, an increase of 10.4% over FY2011. The net profit was JPY78,230 million ($993.5 million*) in FY2012, an increase of 15.6% over FY2011.
*Calculated using a constant conversion rate of JPY1 = $0.0127 for the financial year ended March 31, 2012.
Pink Sheets ticker:
No. employees: 17085
Turnover: 969,387,000,000 (JPY)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available