This databook assesses the prospects for logistics in automotive industry. It provides information on total logistics (by value) with respect to nature of sourcing and logistics activity. The databook also splits transport logistics by mode of transport, destination, & shipment. It concludes with a snapshot of logistics and transport spending in Europe (covering the 13 key European markets).
Scope of this research
- Logistics spending by sector - Overview of aftermarket and vehicle manufacture sectors
- Logistics spending by nature of sourcing - In-house, outsourced, and contract logistics spending by activity (transport, warehouse, and VAS)
- Transport logistics spending by destination - Domestic and international destination by transport mode
- Transport logistics spending by shipment - Air and road transport logistics spending by express, LTL freight, and FTL freight
Research and analysis highlights
Automotive logistics spending in Portugal declined at a CAGR of -4.4% over 2005-10. The logistics spending is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% over the period 2010-14.
In 2010, vehicle manufacturer sector led the automotive logistics spending accounting for a share of 78.9%. Aftermarket sector accounted for the remaining 21.1% share of the total automotive logistics spending.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Understand how has the automotive logistics market performed during the economic slowdown of 2008-09 and how it will evolve in the future
- Obtain future market forecasts up to 2014 for the various sub-segments and as a whole