Banco Popular Espanol, S.A. (Banco Popular or "the group") is one of the largest banking groups in Spain. The group is primarily engaged in retail banking and commercial banking activities, specializing in meeting all the financial needs of businesses, with a particular emphasis on SMEs, and on banking for households. Other activity lines such as investment banking or wholesale banking address the coverage of the requirements of its commercial customers. The group operates in Spain, Portugal and the US. It is headquartered in Madrid, Spain, and employed 14,062 people as on 31st December, 2011.
The group recorded revenues of E2,996.6 million ($4,173.8 million) during the financial year ended December 2011 (FY2011), a decrease of 11.8% over FY2010. The operating profit of the group was E444.1 million ($618.6 million) in FY2011, a decrease of 43% over FY2010. The net profit was E479.7 million ($668.1 million) in FY2011, a decrease of 18.7% over FY2010.
No. employees: 14062
Turnover: 2,996,600,000 (EUR)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available