BKW Inc. (BKW or 'the company') together with its group companies, is a leading energy provider in Switzerland engaged in services related to the entire energy value chain, from production and distribution to the trading and sale of energy. In addition to pure energy supply, BKW develops, implements and operates comprehensive energy solutions. The company has operations in Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. It is headquartered in Berne, Switzerland and employed 3,500 people as on December 31, 2014.
The company recorded revenues of CHF2,844.9 million ($3,111.8 million) during the financial year ended December 2014 (FY2014), an increase of 4.1% over FY2013. The operating profit of the company was CHF346.7 million ($379.2 million) in FY2014, as compared to an operating loss of CHF171.6 million ($187.7 million) in FY2013. The net profit of the company was CHF288.2 million ($315.2 million) in FY2014, as compared to a net loss of CHF216.7 million ($237.0 million) in FY2013.
Swiss Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 3500
Turnover: 2,844,900,000 (CHF)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available