BKW Inc. (BKW or the company) is the holding company of BKW Group and BKW FMB Energy (BKW FMB). BKW is an electricity provider in Switzerland. The company's products and services cover the entire value chain, from the production, transmission, and distribution to the trading and sale of electricity. BKW generates and supplies electricity primarily through hydroelectric and nuclear power plants. The company has operations in Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. It is headquartered in Berne, Switzerland and employed 3,138 people as of December 2013.
The company recorded total operating revenues (revenues) of CHF2,733.7 million ($2,949.7 million) during the financial year ended December 2013 (FY2013), a decrease of 4.4% compared to FY2012. The operating loss of the company was CHF171.6 million ($185.2 million) during fiscal year 2013, compared to the operating profit of CHF211.8 million ($228.5 million) in FY2012. The net loss was CHF216.7 million ($233.8 million) in FY2013, compared to the net profit of CHF128.4 million ($138.5 million) in FY2012.
Swiss Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 3138
Turnover: 2,733,700,000 (CHF)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available