BKW Inc. (BKW or the company) is the holding company of BKW Group and BKW FMB Energy (BKW FMB). BKW is an electricity provider in Switzerland. The company's products and services cover the entire value chain, from the production, transmission, and distribution to the trading and sale of electricity. BKW generates and supplies electricity primarily through hydroelectric and nuclear power plants. The company has operations in Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. It is headquartered in Berne, Switzerland and employed 3,037 people as of December 2012.
The company recorded revenues of CHF2,716.2 million ($2,898.5 million) during the financial year ended December 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 8.5% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was CHF221.4 million ($236.3 million) during FY2012, compared to an operating loss of CHF52.3 million ($55.8 million) in FY2011. The net profit was CHF132.5 million ($141.4 million) in FY2012, compared to a net loss of CHF68million ($72.77 million) in FY2011.
Swiss Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 3037
Turnover: 2,716,200,000 (CHF)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available