This databook provides key data and information on the canned food market covering two countries in North America. This report is a comprehensive resource for market, category and segment level data including value, volume, distribution and company share. This report also provides expenditure and consumption data for the historic and forecast periods.
Scope of this research
- Contains data on seven categories:canned meat,canned fish/seafood,canned fruit,canned pasta&noodles,canned ready meals,canned vegetables and desserts
- Market, category and segment level information on value and volume with historic (2004-09) and forecast (2010-14) data
- Category level company share as well as distribution share information for 2008 and 2009
- Review of the top two companies within the canned food market, including company overview, key facts and business description
Research and analysis highlights
The market for canned food in North America increased at a compound annual growth rate of 2.6% between 2004 and 2009.
The canned vegetables category led the canned food market in North America, accounting for a share of 31.1%.
The leading players in the North American canned food market include Del Monte Foods Company, ConAgra Foods, Inc. and Hormel Foods.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Develop business strategies by understanding the quantitative trends within the canned food market in North America
- Design effective marketing and sales strategies by identifying key market categories and segments
- Identify key players within the market to plan lucrative M&A, partnerships and agreements