Datamonitor conducted an epidemiological review of 5 key cardiovascular and metabolic diseases and reviewed the organization and delivery of associated services in China. Key products and strategies of both domestic and multinational companies active in the market were analyzed. Recent deals and alliances were presented and strategic recommendations to enter the Chinese market were proposed.
Features and benefits
- Quantify the incidence of stroke and acute myocardial infarction and the prevalence of hypertension, dyslipidemia and diabetes in China.
- Evaluate the delivery of CVMD services and review current treatment of each of the five main CVMD conditions in China.
- Understand the products and strategies of the key domestic and multinational companies active in the Chinese CVMD market.
- Review the deals and alliances, and drivers and resistors of the Chinese CVMD market.
There are generally low awareness and treatment rates for CVMDs in China; the reasons for this, include the insufficient health insurance coverage, low drug affordability, and poor access to primary and specialized healthcare services, particularly in rural areas. Lack of reimbursement limits the uptake of many novel, premium-priced therapies
While pharmaceutical companies are keen to establish or expand their presence in China, a number of challenges remain including the complicated and opaque drug regulatory system, inadequate intellectual property protection, and widespread corruption in commercial and governmental sectors
To mitigate the impact of generic competition and healthcare cost-cutting policies on sales revenues, Pharma companies operating in China should develop their sales, marketing and distribution capabilities to increase disease awareness, build brand loyalty, and widen their reach in the market.
Your key questions answered
- How are hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes, stroke and acute myocardial infarction treated in China?
- What are the key domestic and multinational companies active in the treatment of CVMDs?
- What are the drivers and resistors of the Chinese CVMD market?
- What deals and alliances are shaping the Chinese CVMD market?