CESC Limited (CESC or the company) is a private power utility company. Its operation spans the entire power utility value chain from mining coal and generating power, to transmission and distribution of power. The company primarily operates in India. It is headquartered in Kolkata, India and employed 10,177 people as on March 31, 2013.
The company recorded revenues of INR75,706.8 million ($1,394.5 million) during the financial year ended March 2013 (FY2013), an increase of 28.5% over FY2012. The operating profit of the company was INR6,253.3 million ($115.2 million) during FY2013, an increase of 49.1% over FY2012. The net profit was INR4,593.8 million ($84.6 million) in FY2013, an increase of 86.8% over FY2012.
Calcutta Stock Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 10177
Turnover: 75,706,800,000 (INR)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available