Datamonitor's retail databooks are based on key market value data for eight major sectors, 16 core retail distribution channels and 62 countries. This profile focuses on the clothing, accessories and luxury goods retailing in Italy and provides current and forecast retail sales data.
Scope of this research
- Total sector retail market value from 2003 to 2008 as well as forecasts to 2013
- The size of the sector segmented by market sales and a growth rate comparison
- Current and forecast sector value segmented by major retail channels
Research and analysis highlights
The clothing, accessories and luxury goods sector accounted for 18% of the total retail value in Italy in 2008. The sector declined at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2003 and 2008.
The clothing and footwear market led the clothing, accessories and luxury goods sector in Italy, with a share of 88.5% in 2008.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Discover how this sector's share of total retail sales is changing
- Identify fast growth channels in the country for this particular sector and the markets within it
- Understand the future direction of the sector and its segments with reliable historical data and five year forecasting