Meat, fish, and poultry brands face considerable competition from both within and outside of the category. Red meat continues to face nutritional scrutiny, freshness is a key concern for seafood, and poultry is striving to offer novelty and excitement. For all segments, sustainability and safety are important considerations that present with them numerous challenges and opportunities.
Features and benefits
- Understand the concerns and priorities driving product choices in the category, with consumer insight analysis that covers 24 countries globally.
- Draw inspiration from case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in meat, fish, and poultry.
- A dedicated future-focused analysis explores what is next for meat, fish, and poultry, and what this could mean for the wider food sector.
Three in 10 consumers are trying to limit their meat intake, which is indicative of the trend towards “flexitarian” eating, a dietary approach that focuses on meat reduction rather than elimination. This segment of consumers will become increasingly important to the industry as they attract more media attention and yield growing social influence.
The incidence of meat safety scares that have occurred globally has dented consumer confidence and fostered a degree of skepticism towards brands. In fact, one in six consumers distrust efforts made by retailers to ensure that food supply is safe for consumption.
Keywords: meat, fish, poultry, seafood, eggs, deli, substitutes, frozen, canned, chilled, vegetarian, vegan, flexitarian, ready-to-eat, offal, cooking, transparency, safety, horse meat, sourcing, cruelty, freshness, butcher, protein, halal.
Your key questions answered
- Who is driving growth in meat, fish, and poultry, and how is this likely to change over the next few years?
- How can I apply the TrendSights framework to the meat, fish, and poultry category?
- Which sub-trends are most aligned with what is happening in meat, fish, and poultry?
- What are some of the potential opportunities and strategic considerations that brands need to be aware of in order to plan for the future?