While yogurt operates in the seemingly predictable commodity space, numerous forces are driving innovation opportunities in what is actually a highly dynamic category. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the yogurt category globally, using Datamonitor’s TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
Features and benefits
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the yogurt category
- Consumer insight analysis covering 20 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors that drive consumers’ yogurt preferences
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in yogurt
New product opportunities are spurred by an increasing demand for prebiotic yogurts. In fact, nearly a third of global consumers agree that food and beverage products containing prebiotics have a high influence on their purchase decisions. Manufacturers should tap into the market potential of prebiotic yogurts.
Consumers demonstrate a desire to return to a time when life was simpler and less demanding. Indeed, nearly two-thirds of global consumers said that living a less complicated life was important to them.
Your key questions answered
- How do Datamonitor’s mega-trends apply specifically to yogurts? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in the yogurt category and what does it look like?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
- To what extent are industry players investing in sustainable packaging initiatives to reinforce environmental credentials?