The sustainability case studies provide an assessment of various sustainability efforts and initiatives undertaken by the key players in the logistics and transportation industry worldwide.
Features and benefits
- An introduction to the overall logistics industry and challenges faced, sustainability in logistics and the underlying regulations.
- An overview of DP DHL, its business operations, and sustainability practices adopted by the company.
- A snapshot of performance ratings, awards and recognitions won by DP DHL with respect to its sustainability efforts and performance.
- Assessment of sustainability programs adopted by DP DHL and SWOT analysis from a sustainability perspective.
DP DHL has been listed in most of the sustainability indexes like Carbon Disclosure Project, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, FTSE4Good, etc.
The company has started a sustainability program, GoGreen program, to address energy efficiency and carbon intensity. The company has set a target of 10% increase in CO2 efficiency by 2012 and 30% increase by 2020 as compared to 2007.
The company has shown improvements in emissions by successfully reducing emission for the last two years. The introduction of carbon efficiency has helped to set targets and monitor their progress in emissions mitigation efforts.
Your key questions answered
- Understand the challenges facing the logistics industry worldwide in terms of incorporating climate change and emissions mitigation initiatives
- Understand the different types of sustainability practices adopted by DP DHL, one of the leading logistics players globally
- Assess the impact and implications of various sustainability initiatives on the environment as well as business operations