Hitachi, Ltd. (Hitachi or 'the company') manufactures electrical and electronic products. It has presence in the information and technology, automotive, construction and financial sectors. The company primarily operates in Japan. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and employed about 323,540 people as of March 31, 2012.
The company recorded revenues of JPY9,665,883 million ($122,756.7 million) during the financial year ended March 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 3.8% over FY2011. This increase was due to increase in revenues in the information and telecommunication systems, automotive systems and others segments. The operating profit of the company was JPY412,280 million ($5,236 million) in FY2012, a decrease of 7.3% over FY2011. The net profit was JPY347,179 million ($4,409.2 million) in FY2012, an increase of 45.3% over FY2011.
No. employees: 323540
Turnover: 9,665,883,000,000 (JPY)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available