ITOCHU Corporation (ITOCHU or "the group") is involved in domestic and overseas trading of various products such as textile, machinery, metals, minerals, energy, chemicals, food, and information and communications technology. The group also operates in the fields of realty, general products, insurance, logistics services, and construction. The group primarily operates in the Japan, the US, and Australia. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and employed 70,639 people as of March 31, 2012.
The group recorded revenues of JPY4,271,052 million ($54,114.2 million) during the financial year ended March 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 17% over FY2011. The operating profit* of the group was JPY277,545 million ($3,516.5 million) in FY2012, an increase of 4.5% over FY2011. Its net profit was JPY300,505 million ($3,807.4 million) in FY2012, an increase of 86.5% over FY2011.
*Operating profit has been calculated by eliminating cost of sales and Selling, general and administrative expenses from total revenues.
No. employees: 70639
Turnover: 4,271,052,000,000 (JPY)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available