JSW Steel Limited (JSW or the company) is engaged in the production and distribution of iron and steel products. Through its subsidiaries the company is also engaged in acquisition and investment in steel related and steel allied businesses, steel service center, and mining. JSW operates in India, the US, the UK, Mozambique, the Netherlands, Panama, and Chile. It is headquartered in Mumbai, India and employed 9,522 people as on March 31, 2012.
The company recorded net revenues of INR343,680.5 million ($7,169.2 million) during the financial year ended March 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 42.6% over FY2011. The operating profit was INR28,182.9 million ($587.9 million) during FY2012, an increase of 15.6% over FY2011. The net profit was INR5,376.8 million ($112.2 million) in FY2012, a decrease of 69.3% compared to FY2011.
JSW Steel Limited
5A Dr. G Deshmukh Marg
Mumbai 400 026
91 22 2352 6400
Bombay Stock Exchange ticker:
National Stock Exchange of India ticker:
No. employees: 9522
Turnover: 343,680,500,000 (INR)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available