This Databook provides an insight into the Malaysian logistics and express market. It provides market value and volume estimates from 2004 to 2009, and forecasts from 2010 to 2014. It also provides mode analysis and a review of value added services.
Scope of this research
- Logistics market overview overall market value and volume data
- Freight market analysis of modes (air, sea, road, and rail), and Warehousing total warehouse spend and contract logistics warehouse spend
- Contract logistics market value split by services (warehousing, transport and value added services)
- Express market market value by destination and service type
Research and analysis highlights
The logistics market in Malaysia declined at a CAGR of 0.6% from 200409. This market is expected to grow between 2009 and 2014 at a CAGR of 2.7%.
Sea freight accounted for 74.3% of the Malaysian logistics market in 2009, followed by Air freight with 12.1%, Road Freight with 10%, Warehousing with 3.2%, Rail freight with 0.3%.
Air express market in Malaysia accounted for 87.4% of total value, with Road express contributing the remaining share.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Understand the size and forecasts of Malaysian logistics market and identify key growth areas
- Obtain data on value, volume and segmentation for each aspect of the market (freight, warehousing, contract logistics and value added services)