Merck KGaA (or 'the group') is a global healthcare and chemicals company. The group offers branded prescription drugs, and chemicals for high-tech applications. The Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest in the group and shareholders own the remaining approximately 30%. The group operates in 67 countries across the world. It is headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany and employed 40,676 people as of December 31, 2011.
The group recorded revenues of E10,276.4 million ($14,308.9 million*) during the financial year ended December 2011 (FY2011), an increase of 10.6% over FY2010. The operating profit of the group was E1,136.9 million ($1,583 million*) in FY2011, an increase of 2.2% over FY2010. The net profit was E617.5 million ($859.8 million*) in FY2011, a decrease of 2.3% over FY2010.
*Calculated using a constant conversion rate of E1 = $1.3924 for the year ended December 31, 2011.
Frankfurter Strasse 250
49 6151 722 000
No. employees: 40676
Turnover: 10,276,400,000 (EUR)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available