The database is an invaluable resource for understanding the dynamics in the payment card markets in Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the UAE. In addition to fully standardized market data and forecasts, the database contains proprietary competitor and market level metrics including transactions by merchant category, product design and repayment behaviour for South Africa.
Features and benefits
- Compare markets for entry opportunities using our fully standardized data presented for detailed and quick and easy comparison of key metrics
- Optimise your strategy by benchmarking key players and looking at our proprietary survey data featuring product design and consumer card usage insight
- Build your forward plans using our forecasts for pay now, pay later and revolving credit cards markets to 2015
While the Middle Eastern and North African markets are not yet mature the adverse economic environment in 2009 lead to the slowdown in the growth of card payments. The value of pay now transactions grew by 8.0% compared to 5.5% in pay later during 2009.
The payment card market is expected to have improved in 2010 witnessing growth rates of 22.6% in pay now versus 13.4% in pay later. The total value reaching €214.8bn.
Besides Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the UAE, the penetration of payment cards remains very low while the penetration of mobile phones is spreading rapidly. As a result of a large migrant population the region sees high levels of remittance payments creating opportunities for person-to-person mobile payments.
Your key questions answered
- Which markets have the greatest future growth opportunity?
- What card products and features are available and how cards are used in different countries?
- Where should I target new products and services?