New York & Company, Inc. (NYC or 'the company') is a specialty retailer of women's fashion apparel and accessories. The company offers a merchandise assortment which consists of casual and wear-to-work apparel and accessories, including pants, jackets, dresses, knit tops, blouses, sweaters, denim, t-shirts, activewear, handbags and jewelry. NYC operates in the US. It is headquartered in New York City, New York and employed 7,131 people, of whom 5,080 were part-time employees, as of January 28, 2012.
The company recorded revenues of $956.5 million in the financial year ended January 2012 (FY2012), a decrease of 6.4% over FY2011. The operating loss of the company was $35.6 million in FY2012, compared to an operating loss of $66.4 million in FY2011. The net loss was $38.9 million in FY2012, compared to the net loss of $76.5 million in FY2011.
New York ticker:
No. employees: 7131
Turnover: 956,500,000 (USD)
Financial year end: January
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available