Nordstrom’s strong customer service proposition continues to boost its sales amid a challenging US market, allowing it to outperform rivals in terms of revenue growth. This Verdict company briefing includes analysis of sales and space data over a six year period and a global market share for 2011.
Features and benefits
- Benchmark Nordstrom's performance by discovering its six year sales and space history.
- Understand how to develop your online business by discovering Nordstrom's e-commerce strategy.
- Understand how Nordstrom has expanded its discount fascia to formulate your own store expansion plan.
In 2010, Nordstrom improved its website’s navigation and enabled customers to access stock availability across the entire network. Verdict believes the integration of online and store-based inventory is vital for efficient stock management, to prevent retailers from missing out on sales when products are out of stock at an e-fulfillment facility.
In 2011 Nordstrom acquired the online flash sale company HauteLook for $180m in stock. Verdict believes Nordstrom's decision to acquire an online specialist rather than establishing its own is wise. The acquisition of HauteLook enables Nordstrom to gain access to the company's existing membership base and to utilize the staff's existing expertise.
Your key questions answered
- What was Nordstrom's share of the global department store market in 2011?
- How has Nordstrom developed its domestic store network and which fascia is it focusing on?
- How has Nordstrom chosen to develop its e-commerce business?