Nycomed International Management (Nycomed), a Takeda company, is engaged in the development and marketing of branded medicines primarily in the areas of gastroenterology, respiratory and inflammatory diseases, pain, osteoporosis and tissue management. The company has operations in 50 countries worldwide. It primarily operates in Europe, the US, Latin America, South Africa, Canada and Russia. The company is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and employed 12,506 people as of December 31, 2010.
The company recorded revenues of E3,170.6 million ($4,206.4 million*) during the financial year (FY) ended December 2010, a decrease of 1.8% over FY2009. The operating loss of the company was E44.2 million ($58.6 million*) during FY2010, compared with an operating profit of E288 million ($382 million*) in FY2009. The net loss was E229.1 million ($304 million*) in FY2010, compared with a net profit of E232.7 million ($308 million*) FY2009.
*Calculated using the constant conversion rate of E1 = $1.3267 for the financial year ended December 31, 2010.
Nycomed International Management GmbH
41 44 555 1001
No. employees: 12506
Turnover: 3,170,566,000 (EUR)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available