Datamonitor's Product Insights: Dairy in China report is a detailed information resource covering all key aspects of new product launch trends prevalent in the Chinese dairy market. It provides insights using and analyzing information from Datamonitor products, such as Product Launch Analytics and Market Data Analytics, and is a snapshot of information at a point in time.
Features and benefits
- Examines new product launches in the Chinese dairy market, segmented by key categories.
- Contextualizes China in the new product launches globally.
- Identifies the key players in the market that are leading the new product launches.
- Provides analysis of the new product launches by leading flavors, claims, packaging, and price points.
The Chinese dairy market had close to 600 new product launches and ranked second globally in terms of new dairy product launches in 2010.
Nearly half of new dairy launches in China in 2010 were in the milk category, followed by soy products, which accounted for a fifth of the new product launches.
New launches in the country were mainly driven by increasing health consciousness among consumers and a high concern for food safety. Additionally, increasing disposable incomes and growing urbanization augur well for the dairy food market in China.
Your key questions answered
- What are the key trends driving consumption in the market that can be leveraged to boost sales?
- What product development/positioning strategies can be adopted to tap various consumer segments?
- How are the key players responding to various consumer dynamics and how can a player achieve differentiation in the category?