Tracking supplier market share performance gives a key indicator of market success. Using a robust methodology, Market Share Monitor tracks the performance of the leading energy suppliers on a quarterly basis. The UK residential energy supply market is segmented into electricity, gas, and dual fuel markets, tracking both customers and accounts. Data are included from August 2000 onwards.
Features and benefits
- Available electronically, the dataset covers consecutive quarters of market shares since 2001, facilitating powerful time series analysis.
- The analysis details the drivers of performance across each key segment and each major supplier.
- This analysis is supported by extensive research across the broker and end user segments, which delivers unique insight into market activity.
- Data include number of power, gas, and dual fuel accounts, number of customers by supplier, churn rates, market shares, retail and wholesale prices.
- Suppliers covered include British Gas, EDF Energy, E.ON, SSE, ScottishPower, RWE npower, and Good Energy.
Each major supplier is profiled with historic market share movement trends assessed, and major events such as M&A activity detailed.
Your key questions answered
- Comprehensively assesses the number of customers held by the major energy suppliers in the UK over time.
- Provides a breakdown of the number of electricity, gas, and dual fuel customers held by each supplier.
- Price changes are captured, along with their impact on the market.