Retail Futures is a unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures every three months. A Sector Summary Report and seven UK sector and two UK channel forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty, Homewares, e-Retail, DIY Superstores).
Features and benefits
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years.
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next nine quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates.
- This unique service provides constantly updated forecasts than ensures you are making the right decisions, based on the latest data.
- The reliable and accurate data exposes opportunities for growth and is a key operational planning tool to aid tactical and strategic decision-making.
- It allows you to benchmark performance with confidence and set effective targets to help maximise performance.
Growth trending upwards
•Driven by higher inflation in food & grocery.
•Volumes continue to improve – returning to growth in non-food – though this is against extremely weak comparatives.
Non-food growth improves.
•Nonetheless, clothing & footwear and health & beauty remain the only non-food sectors experiencing growth.
•… driven by inflation, with the return of VAT to 17.5%, the weakness of sterling and rising cotton prices.
Home related sectors continue to struggle.
•The housing market remains stagnant and is showing no imminent signs of meaningful uplift.
•Weakening consumer confidence, high unemployment and squeezed disposable income is further impacting discretionary demand.
Your key questions answered
- What impact will public sector cuts have on the retail sector?
- How will individual sectors perform in 2011, compared with total retail?
- What effect will inflationary pressures have on individual sector?