Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Bulgaria. In addition to outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it also details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
Features and benefits
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of key players across Bulgaria.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
In Bulgaria, the total number of service stations increased by 12% to 3,142 sites in the year to January 2011. In 2010, total fuel volume sales in Bulgaria dropped by a dramatic 17.2% on the previous year, as sales of both petrol and diesel fell significantly.
The top five fuel players in Bulgaria by fuel sales account for only 27.9% of all service stations in the country, making it a very fragmented market. Petrol Bulgaria is the largest player in terms of site numbers, with 11.8% of outlets operating under its brand.
Service station shops are present at 68% of sites in Bulgaria. The total number of sites with a shop in Bulgaria rose by 13% in the year to January 2011, in line with the rise of the total number of service stations. The service station car wash market is quite underdeveloped, with less than 5% of sites featuring a car wash.
Your key questions answered
- Who are the top five players in the Bulgarian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Bulgaria?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used?