The introduction of smart metering will see an exponential increase in the volume of data collected by utilities companies. Data centers will have to grow to keep up with the growth of data. At first glance, the opportunities for data services should be immense. However, few utilities are considering this option at present.
Scope of this research
- Identifies the potential opportunity for data services in utilities created by smart metering.
- Identifies the possible barriers to adoption of data services.
- Provides recommendations to most successfully break down these barriers.
Research and analysis highlights
While growth will be slow, the potential opportunity could be enormous.
Data hosting to support customer portals and billing processing are two areas where traction will be gained.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Understand what will drive utilities' investment in data centers in the future.
- See what is stopping utilities from seeking ownership models to their data centers and data processing.
- See what strategies are most likely to be successful in the utilities space.