Smiths Group plc (Smiths Group or "the group") is a global technology group, which delivers products and services for the threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components markets. The group primarily operates in North America, Europe and Asia. It is headquartered in London, the UK and employed 23,200 people as on July 31, 2012.
The group recorded revenues of £3,030.1 million ($4,787 million) during the fiscal year ended July 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 6.6% over FY2011. The operating profit of the group was £406.6 million ($642.3 million) during FY2012, a decrease of 7.2% as compared to FY2011. The net profit was £256.6 million ($405.4 million) in FY2012, a decrease of 33.1% as compared to FY2011.
Smiths Group plc
80 Victoria Street
London SW1E 5JL
44 20 7808 5544
London Stock Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 23200
Turnover: 3,030,100,000 (GBP)
Financial year end: July
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available