This databook provides key data and information on the spirits market in Australia. This report is a comprehensive resource for market, category and segment level data including value, volume, distribution share and company & brand share. This report also provides expenditure and consumption data for the historic and forecast periods.
Scope of this research
- Contains information on eight categories; whisk(e)y, gin & genever, liqueurs, vodka, tequila & mezcal, rum, specialty spirits and brandy
- Market,category and segment level information on value, volume, and expenditure & consumption, with historic (2004-09) and forecast (2010-14) data
- Category level company and brand share as well as distribution share information for 2008 and 2009
- Review of the top two companies within the spirits market, including company overview, key facts and business description
Research and analysis highlights
The market for spirits in Australia increased at a compound annual growth rate of 3.9% between 2004 and 2009.
The whisk(e)y category led the spirits market in Australia, accounting for a share of 50.8%.
Leading players in the Australian spirits market include Diageo plc, Fortune Brands, Inc. and Foster's Group Ltd.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Develop business strategies by understanding the quantitative trends within the spirits market in Australia
- Design effective marketing and sales strategies by identifying key market categories and segments
- Identify key players within the market to plan lucrative M&A, partnerships and agreements