This databook assesses the prospects for logistics in technology industry. It provides information on total logistics (by value) with respect to nature of sourcing and logistics activity. The databook also splits transport logistics by mode of transport, destination, & shipment. It concludes with a snapshot of logistics and transport spending in Europe (covering the 13 key European markets).
Scope of this research
- Logistics spending by sector - Overview of technology equipments and technology component sectors
- Logistics spending by nature of sourcing - In-house, outsourced, and contract logistics spending by activity (transport, warehouse, and VAS)
- Transport logistics spending by destination - Domestic and international destination by transport mode
- Transport logistics spending by shipment - Air and road transport logistics spending by express, LTL freight, and FTL freight
Research and analysis highlights
Technology logistics spending in Spain declined at a CAGR of -9.7% over 2005-10. Logistics spending is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% over the period 2010-14.
In 2010, technology equipments sector led the technology logistics spending accounting for a share of 84.6%. Technology components sector accounted for the remaining 15.4% share of the total technology logistics spending.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Understand how has the technology logistics market performed during the economic slowdown of 2008-09 and how it will evolve in the future
- Obtain future market forecasts up to 2014 for the various sub-segments and as a whole