This databook provides key data and information on the tobacco market covering 17 countries in Western Europe. This report is a comprehensive resource for market, category and segment level data including value, volume, distribution and company share. This report also provides expenditure and consumption data for the historic and forecast periods.
Scope of this research
- Contains information on four categories : cigarettes, chewing tobacco, loose tobacco and cigars and cigarillos
- Market, category and segment level information on value and volume with historic (2004-09) and forecast (2010-14) data
- Category level company share as well as distribution share information for 2008 and 2009
- Review of the top two companies within the tobacco market, including company overview, key facts and business description
Research and analysis highlights
The market for tobacco in Western Europe increased at a compound annual growth rate of 2.4% between 2004 and 2009.
The cigarettes category led the tobacco market in Western Europe, accounting for a share of 89.7%.
The leading players in the Western Europe tobacco market are Philip Morris International, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC and British American Tobacco Plc.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Develop business strategies by understanding the quantitative trends within the tobacco market in Western Europe
- Design effective marketing and sales strategies by identifying key market categories and segments
- Identify key players within the market to plan lucrative M&A, partnerships and agreements