UK Retail Futures 2013: Books, Music & Video combines comprehensive insight into sector related issues such as inflation, space expansion and the changing patterns of consumer demand. It combines this with a host of economic, social and political factors to derive thorough sector forecasts over the next five years.
Scope of this research
- Market expenditure, inflation and volume growth forecast to 2013 as well as data from the last ten years.
- Comprehensive analysis covering inflation, volume, and sales growth
- Channels of distribution analysis 2008, 2009 and 2013 covering books, music & video specialists and non-specialists.
- Comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the books, music & video market over the next five years
Research and analysis highlights
Spend will be increasingly channeled online as retailers develop their sites with enhanced interactive features and more user friendly interfaces. Multichannel retailers will continue to direct traffic online.
A number of smaller independents will exit the market and larger store-based chains will scale back their physical estates. This will primarily be as a result of ever intensifying competition from other channels, particularly online pureplay specialists and grocers.
The shift in spend to the Internet will inevitably drive increased investment in their online operations, traditional bricks and mortar specialists will struggle to compete with the highly developed operations of the likes of Amazon and eBay.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Plan for the future using this report to develop strategies that will enable you to compete effectively against rivals in tougher market conditions
- Enhance your understanding of key issues, trends, and dynamics in the market, providing a valuable tool to help steer through turbulent times ahead.
- See how electrical categories and sales channels are expected to perform over the next five years.