This case study on Umpqua forms part of Datamonitor's Financial Services Consumer Insights series, in which best practice in specific areas of FS are highlighted.
Scope of this research
- This case study analyses the key successful elements in Umpqua Bank's marketing and communication strategy
- The case study examines how the brand has developed to its current status and why it appeals to consumers so strongly
- Datamonitor's Financial Services Megatrend Framework is used to analyse the effectiveness of customer targeting strategies
Research and analysis highlights
In the early 90's community banks were suffering. However, when Ray Davies adopted Umpqua Bank in1994 with grand ideas about growth and dreams of a 'bigger bank', he had the foresight however never to let success come at the expense of the 'community' factor, that personal feel which consumers in current climes value more than ever.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Gain insight into the methods used by important industry players to give them a competitive edge
- Identify the implications of changing consumer behaviours
- Capitalize on the knowledge of experienced companies when entering a new niche or market