This interactive model provides analysis of five key market segments in the B2B power and gas markets in the UK. Datamonitor's market segmentation includes super majors, intensives, large-sites group, small-sites groups, and SMEs.
Features and benefits
- This product has been designed to evaluate energy suppliers' participation within several specific market segments.
- This product uses data collected from Datamonitor's MEU and MSM reports to provide a more in-depth analysis of market share.
- Power data provided in this report include non-half hourly and half hourly metered volumes and sites by supplier.
- Gas data provided in this report include non-daily and daily metered volumes and sites by supplier.
Following the economic downturn, market activity is starting to grow again, with many suppliers adding new sites and increasing volume sales. There are changes at the top end of several segments, with suppliers following either specialization or diversification strategies.
Gas suppliers: Statoil, Total Gas & Power, Eni, Gazprom, RWE npower, British Gas Business, Corona, GDF SUEZ, E.ON, SSE, Shell Gas Direct, EDF Energy, Wingas. Segments: super major, large-sites groups, intensives, small-sites groups, SMEs. Data: DM volume (GWh) and sites, NDM volume (GWh) and sites, total volume (GWh).
Power suppliers: RWE npower, EDF Energy, SSE, GDF Suez, ScottishPower, British Energy, Total Gas & Power, British Gas Business, E.ON. Segments: super major, large-sites groups, intensives, small-sites groups, SMEs. Data: HH volume (GWh) and sites, NHH volume (GWh) and sites, total volume (GWh).
Your key questions answered
- Outlines the leading power and gas suppliers by sites and volume supplied in different B2B market segments.
- Analyzes suppliers' market strategies in terms of specialization and diversification.